I’ve lived most of my life in Kamloops, going to school up to grade 12 and even 1 year post-secondary at (as it was called back then) Cariboo College. After graduating from UBC with my pharmacy degree I decided to head to Whitehorse in the Yukon for my first pharmacy job. After 2 years I decided to come back to Kamloops. Soon after I met my present wife and we’ve been together ever since.
In 2001, I became a Certified Diabetes Educator and I’ve been involved with diabetes education ever since. I have been working at Kipp-Mallery Landmark location as the Pharmacy Manager since June 2018.
1. What are 3 words to describe Kipp-Mallery?
2. What drew you to Kipp-Mallery originally?
Being an independent pharmacy and the fact I know the owner, Kristina, personally.
3. What is your role at Kipp-Mallery?
Pharmacy Manager at the Landmark location
4. How did you first learn about Kipp-Mallery?
Kipp-Mallery has been an established pharmacy for a very long time.
5. What’s a goal you have for yourself that you want to accomplish in the next year?
I’d like to connect to as many people with diabetes as possible, to help them understand and manage it.
6. What’s the most inspiring part of your job?
Being able to help patients obtain improved health outcomes.
7. What are you happiest doing, when you’re not working?
I enjoy most outdoor activities, from hiking, biking and kayaking in the summer, to skiing in the winter.
8. What are some causes you care about?
Diabetes. I’ve been involved with Diabetes Canada for almost 20 years.
9. What is your favorite family vacation?
I would say either camping in the summer or a nice tropical vacation in the winter.
10. What is your favourite quote?
Okaaaaay, fantaaastic. It’s from one of Russel Peters stand-up routines.